Tuesday, October 14, 2008

World Peace : A Dream (That Has To) Come True

Read this!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/discussions/posts/list/MUSLIM_DOLL_PREACHES__ISLAM_IS_THE_LIGHT_~33~~33~_-109847.page

Read it slowly, from page to page, from the first page until the last page.

By reading from page to page, I can conclude that Islam is being hated by many people in the western countries because of the terrorism that has been done by many Islamic organizations. In this discussion, many people show their hatred about Islam. They say bad things about Islam. And it makes me sad. Not because Islam is my religion and I feel offended. No. What I'm concern is the fact that we live in the world filled with hatred.

I used to get dogmatized that other religions are bad while Islam is the right one. It happened when I was in elementary school. At that time, I was confused. I felt sad. To me, it's not a good thing to say bad things about other religion. I was always taught to have some respects to people who hold beliefs which different with mine. I was taught to be tolerant. And I get all that not only from my parents, but also from one of the subject that I learn in school, Kewarganegaraan/Civic.
So, during the Civic lesson, they taught me to be tolerant with people who hold beliefs which are different with mine but on the other hand, during Religion lesson, they said bad things about other religions.

It's sad to see the world we live in is filled with hatred.

I believe that everyone was taught to be tolerant and respect each other while they were kids.
The question is, why do people change when they grow up? Why do they hate each other? Where's the tolerance and respect that has been taught?

It seems that the tolerance and respect thing is just a bullshit.

Why can't we respect each other? Why can't we stop saying bad things to each other? Why can't we tolerate people who has different belief with us? WHY CAN'T WE LIVE IN PEACE?

What's the point of saying bad things about other people?
NOTHING!

So, everyone, please, SPREAD PEACE THROUGH ALL OVER THE WORLD...

LET'S RESPECT EACH OTHER!

I remember the movie Miss Congeniality. In that movie, all the contestants of the beauty pageant said that they want WORLD PEACE.
so, LET'S MAKE IT REAL.

I believe if we live in the world filled with peace and love, everything will be so much better.

GIVE PEACE A CHANCE.

No comments: